The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spring 2007 in Review

Here is a recap of our first full Spring in Colorado. We love it! It's so pretty! Last year was a drought year and this year because of all the snow and rain lately, it is SO GREEN!! My mom was here in March and kept laughing at me because every time we went somewhere I would just say, "Wow, it is so green." Unless you have been here in the summertime, you don't get how brown it is!

Daniel is learning to "share," but his idea of sharing is just dumping all his toys on top of Caleb.

It has been so neat to watch both our boys grow this year. Caleb has turned from a completely, helpless blob to a little boy with the sweetest spirit who just smiles and laughs all the time. He truly is a blessing in our lives. He has brought so much joy to us!





Daniel brings us joy in his own unique way. A friend who is a Speech Therapist stayed with us a few days and said he has a very advanced vocabulary. He takes after his daddy because the boy can talk!! I admit that on some days, it just wears me out.


We love watching him learn. He can name almost any animal you show him and counts to 14. I've started doing a little bit of "school" with him. His favorite thing is pasting contruction paper.
The best part in seeing his character develop. It is so amazing to watch God work in his little life. There have been many times I have seen him want to do the wrong thing, but he chooses what is right. The other night as I tucked him in bed I ask if he wanted to pray. He said, "Okay," and on his own said "Dear, Jesus, thank you." I know he was just repeating what he has heard me say a hundred times, I think it was a first step in his desire to talk to God. Patrick and I pray every day that our children will grow up to love Jesus with all their heart, mind and soul.


Daniel and Caleb sharing a brotherly kiss!!


As for Patrick and I, we continue to seek our purpose here in Colorado. Although, we love all the skiing and hiking we have been able to do since moving here, we are itching to find our place in ministry. Right now, we lead a homegroup on Tuesday night with four other families. We love being friends with all these people and it has helped make our transition to Colorado easier. One thing that is cool, is this is the first time Patrick and I have had a group of friends that are in the same stage of life as us!

Patrick's business is doing great! He has had a very blessed year, although it has required a lot of traveling. Between two trips to Florida and one to Tennessee, we counted up that he slept in his own bed only ten nights the month of April. Thankfully, the whole family was able to go with him on some of his trips so we didn't miss him that much!

I am staying busy watching my friend's son several times a month while she works from home. The extra cash is nice, but it's really great for Daniel to have a friend his age to play with. It's also the perfect time to work on that sharing thing. I don't have a whole lot going this Summer, but in the Fall I will be starting Community Bible Study and getting back involved with Mom to Mom, a support group for those following the Growing Kids parenting approach.

That's about it for now!



No comments: