The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Thirty Years!

Wow! I turned thirty today! A new decade. A milestone. I feel twenty-two! People who are in their thirties are old to me. But every once in awhile I look in the mirror and have to acknowledge I have crow's feet. And all the stuff I put on my face before I go to bed at night has the term "anti-aging" somewhere in the name. So far, thirty is wonderful. I had a wonderful start to this next decade of my life...

On Saturday, the day before my birthday, we decided to have a family day so we took Daniel and Caleb to the Denver Children's Museum. Patrick's parents gave us a year membership for Christmas and we finally cashed it in.

Daniel had a blast! I think we could have left him in the train room and not returned for him for three days. And we decided that Caleb is just the cutest, little engineer ever!! Most of the rooms have "dress up" pieces that go along with the theme. The train room had engineer hats, which Caleb and Daniel loved wearing.

Daniel loved playing in the mock locker room with the basketball court and tumbing mats. In one part of the museum he dressed up as a chipmunk and climbed around an artifical forest and down into an ant hill. There are so many things to do at the Children's Museum. There was no way we could get to all of it so we'll be going back for sure!!

Caleb didn't get a whole lot out of the museum, just watched the action from his stroller. Maybe in a few months he'll take advantage of the crawlers room. He loved staring at the fishies at the Downtown Aquarium though where we went for lunch. I swear that shark smacked his lips a couple times as he headed toward us. Daniel is still fascinated with everything having to do with the sea so eating at the Aquarium was a real treat for him!
On Sunday, Patrick had organized a dinner party for me. We went to Sonota Sushi -- a huge sacrifice of love for Patrick since he hates sushi. I had over ten friends there. Suprisingly, four of them are friends I had in Florida that have migrated their way to Colorado. Later we headed back to our house for cake and ice cream!!
I have SO much to be thankful for! A wonderful, loving husband (he is also flying best friend from highschool out to spend some time with me in the next couple weeks!) -- two beautiful boys that love their mommy to pieces -- great friends -- awesome family -- God whom I have had a relationship with for much of my thirty years! Life just keeps getting better and better!!

No comments: