The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The First Snowfall of the Winter!

As I sit here typing away on my blog and trying to figure out how to attach these pictures, it's 70 degrees outside. It's sunny. There's not a cloud in the sky. Three days ago, we had five inches of snow on the ground. Now there's not a snowflake left... anywhere. It came and disappeared. That's Colorado for you! And it's one of the things we love about living here. The snow is fun and gorgeous, but it never stays cold for too long.
Check out my new snow boots!
A few days before the snowfall I bought Daniel some new snow boots because I wanted to make sure he could go out in the first snowfall. That boys has outgrown FOUR shoe sizes this year! But that's another story. So when he woke up the morning of the snowfall, the first words out of the mouth were, "Put my snow boots on?"

It's becoming a tradition that Daniel slide into the pile of snow at the bottom of his playground with each new snowfall.

Nothing's better than Hot Chocolate after playing outside on a snowy day.

He had a lot of fun wiggling in the snow, eating the snow, throwing the snow at Mommy. And now he is confused as to where all the snow has gone... And I'm not very good at explaining temperature, evaporation and cold fronts to a three year old.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hee hee what fun. I don't have any snow boots myself so we didn't play too much in the snow. Check out my blog for more video of Whitney.