The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Great Pumpkin

I loved "The Peanuts" comic strip when I was growing up and used to read about Linus' Great Pumpkin. For awhile, I thought my parents had jipped me out of an extra occasion to get presents. I eventually figured out that the Great Pumpkin was only a figment of Linus' imagination, but we went looking for him this weekend anyway.

The Denver Botanical Gardens near us has a Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch every year. Last year, we did the corn maze and got hopelessly lost and frustrated --- almost ended our marriage. This year we avoided the maze all together, mostly because since Daniel turned three years old we have to pay for him at everything.

We did have a ton of fun wandering around the half rotten pumpkins (thanks to the recent snow), looking at scarecrows and eating funnel cakes!

No comments: