The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Waiting is Over!

In case you haven't heard...

Eli Joseph Wilson made his entrance into the world on April 2nd at 2:45am. He weighs 6lbs 7oz and is 20.75 inches long. He is doing fabulous!! And I am as well.

Eli is a name that I just really like. I have to admit that I started considering it after Eli Manning won the Superbowl. But he's NOT named after him!! Everyone knows I like Peyton best. :-) Patrick wasn't crazy about it at first, but obviously warmed up to it. His middle name is after Joseph Keenum, a dear friend and mentor to Patrick. Joe married us and he and his wife, Jill have been a huge influence on our lives.

God is SO good and we cannot stop praising Him for this precious life. It's so neat that this is the third time we've done this and Patrick and I just keep looking at him going, "Wow, that's a baby, a new little life!" Each time is amazing! Equally amazing is the ability to immediately love him as much as we love Daniel and Caleb.

I'm still at the hospital and should be home on Thursday afternoon. I'll post photos and more about the birth in a couple days.

3 comments:

kristie said...

deborah-- HUGE congrats. anxious to hear more details, but glad you are all doing well!! Much love, Kristie

Jennifer Williams said...

I'm so glad that both you are doing well. I can't wait to meet him. Love you, Jenn

Laura said...

Yay, I want some pictures!