The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just Caleb and I went to the Downtown Denver Aquarium yesterday. I'm trying to spend at least one morning a month with each boy by themselves. I am part of a babysitting co-op so I dropped Daniel off at a friend's house to play with her son. I don't know if Caleb realized the "specialness" of having Mommy all to himself. He cried quite loudly and was fairly distressed as we drove away without Daniel. He is pretty attached to his older brother.

For about an hour I listened to "ishy" and "shar" repeated over and over and over and over and over...

I love it when I spend time alone with Caleb. I feel like I know Daniel so well. (maybe this is where mid-child syndrome begins) Partly because Daniel has been a part of our family twice as long as Caleb has, but also because I spend so much more of my day with Daniel. Caleb naps 3-4 hours a day. Daniel no longer naps so he follows me around the house most of his waking hours.

I love seeing how curious Caleb is. He asks questions all the time (I have to go by the tone of his voice since I don't speak much 2-year-old gibberish). He has a sense of humor and is always doing things he thinks is funny. And he has one speed -- RUN! Caleb is also extremely affectionate, always giving hugs and kisses or sitting for a long time on our laps while we read to him. I LOVE this little boy!

No comments: