The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

4-yr-old Makes Mommy's Heart Pitter-Patter

I got home last night from grocery shopping shortly after Patrick had put Daniel to bed so I dashed upstairs to wish my sweet dreams and happy sleeps. Before I could even lay down next to Daniel he has thrown his arms around my neck and was hanging on for dear life with a huge grin on his face. So we laid in the quiet for a few moments, him choking me, me rubbing his little back when the following conversation took place.

Me: I love you, Daniel.

D: I love YOU, Mommy.

Me: Why do you love me? (I've never asked this before since he still struggles with the understanding of "why" we do things.)

D: Because I like you.

Me: And why do you like me?

D: *very sheepishly* Because you're ssssooooooo pretty...

Ahhhhh.

2 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

That is PRECIOUS! What a little charmer:)

Emily said...

That just made MY heart pitter patter!! I really hope I get to hear this some day... How totally sweet.