The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!

Since our camera is still on the fritz, we were able to get a few Christmas shots with Patrick's iPhone. Enjoy!
We were at a Christmas Ever party when Daniel emerged from the basement wearing safety goggles and weilding a sword. Hmmm....

Santa brought Daniel and Caleb Radio Flyer scooters!

Eli got a Ball Popper, which all the boys loved!

Patrick and I agreed this was one of the prettiest trees we've ever had.

Eli was a little amused by Mr. Funny. Does anyone else remember the Mr. Men books? I grew up on them and Patrick has never heard of them!

I have to point out the gift directly behind and to the left of Daniel. This is a book of the Rocky Mountains that Howard gave to Patrick and I, however, it had the most ingenius wrapping paper I've ever seen. He covered it with "hotties," little packets of warmth you put in your gloves when you ski. We tend to buy them in bulk...

Eli's present from Mommy and Daddy.

We spent a very lazy day at home, playing with all our new toys. Patrick got me a new "puter" that Daniel kept referring for the last week. (Apparently, Daddy let Daniel help wrap my present with strict orders not to say anything to me. But everytime I sat down at my old, slooooooooooooooow laptop, Daniel would say, "Are you going to be so happy with your new puter?" I'd stick my fingers in the ear, singing la-la-la-la-la and trying not to hear what he was saying.) Anyway, my day was spent downloading programs and playing with my new HP TouchSmart PC. I LOVE it!! The monitor is a touchscreen. There is a program where you use your finger on the monitor to draw. The boys are already in love with that!

Uncle Howard came over to help open presents and hung out for the morning and early afternoon. Then we headed over to our friends, the Franks for Christmas dinner -- prime rib, turkey, ham and all the trimin's!! Yummers!! And the best part is that Hollie insisted I not help clean up!

After we got home and put the boys to bed, I watched a short DVD my sister-in-law made a couple years ago of our family. That's when I really started missing everyone!!

We have so much to be thankful for this Christmas, especially the love and grace of Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, your house looks different- did you knock out a wall or something?

We got that ball popper too... does yours pop them really high? Ours just sort of spews them into the ramp.

mols said...

i totally grew up on those books, so i know what you're talking about deb :-) ps...you look beautiful!!