The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Growing Up So Fast!!

Just a quick stroll down memory lane... People keep asking Patrick and I if this pregnancy is it for us. When we say, "no, we'll probably have at least one more," the most common response is, "going to try one more time for that girl, huh?" First of all, why assume we're unhappy with having all boys and somehow our family isn't complete unless we finally have that girl? How rude to make the assumption we're unhappy with whatever God gives us! We just tell ourselves the world needs more godly men and God must think us capable of raising them. Anyway, I had to get that off my chest since a complete stranger in a checkout line yesterday suggested I was upset we were having our third boy...

Since we are planning on having more children we occassionaly talk about how long it will be after this one before getting pregnant again. (Except if you know our track record, we've never really had a say in it!) I've told Patrick, THREE YEARS!!! I need a break! My body needs a break! He smiles and reminds me that Walnut will begin walking, talking, feeding himself and I'll start talking about wanting another baby in the house.

But getting ready to have another baby does make you look at your other children, remember when they were little babies themselves and realize how much they have grown! Following are some pictures of how big Daniel and Caleb have gotten!

Daniel, throwing rocks in Pine Creek, Pinehurst, ID - July 2006

Daniel, eating a PB&J sandwich ~ March 2008

Caleb, confined to his carseat because he doesn't crawl yet ~ June 2007

Caleb, standing, walking and playing all by himself ~ January 2008

3 comments:

JEN said...

THEY ARE HUGE!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH THEY HAVE GROWN, I WISH I WAS THERE TO SEE IT IN PERSON =( MAYBE NEXT YEAR SOMETIME WE WILL MAKE A TRIP TO CO??? THIS YEAR IS ALREADY JAMMED PACKED WITH VACATIONS TO THE WEST COAST...LOVE YA GUYS

JEN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JEN said...

THEY ARE HUGE!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH THEY HAVE GROWN, I WISH I WAS THERE TO SEE IT IN PERSON =( MAYBE NEXT YEAR SOMETIME WE WILL MAKE A TRIP TO CO??? THIS YEAR IS ALREADY JAMMED PACKED WITH VACATIONS TO THE WEST COAST...LOVE YA GUYS