The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Monday, March 3, 2008

Roomies!!

With about six weeks before Wilson Boy #3 arrives we decided it was time to get Daniel and Caleb used to sharing a room. But before we could do that, there was a little bit of work to be done. I used this same decor when we put Daniel in a "big boy room" before Caleb was born. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of putting the wall border within reach of two year olds. Within two weeks Daniel had peeled most it off. And in my laziness I let it stay that way for a year!

Before Caleb went into Daniel's room, I stripped all the old wall border off and painted the darker, bottom green color to a higher level on the wall. Then put up new border.

For several days leading up to the big move Patrick would ask Daniel what he thought about Caleb sleeping with him. His response, "No, YOU sleep with Caleb. Mommy sleep with ME." He is still negotitating - I'll trade you one Caleb for one Mommy...

We added some new wall hangings to match the decor.

I also made plaques with the boys' names and a corresponding Bible verse that were hung over their beds -- the verses are kind of a prayer of what we hope for each of the boys.
Daniel's plaque reads, "...people must fear and reverance the God of Daniel. He rescues and he saves; he perfoms signs and wonders in heaven and on the earth." Dan. 6:6&27
Caleb's plaque reads, "...my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly..." Num. 14:24

They are doing great as roomies! I thought I'd be hearing talking and fits of giggles at 5am, but so far that hasn't happened. I do hear a lot more jabber in the morning when they wake up. Daniel tells me that they are playing "fall down" in their beds. Our hope and prayer is that all our boys grow up to love each other as brothers who would lay down their lives for the other.

3 comments:

Emily Tallman said...

cute bedroom, Deborah! you did a great job!

Jaci Spain said...

Adorable room! I love it!

JEN said...

Love love love all the updates. I am glad you did them i thought you were just done with the whole blogging thing. =) But helllllloooooo I still need to see pics of you my friend, enough of Patrick and the kids...I want to see that bump! Just joking I love seeing Patrick too.

Feeling much better, I need to call you and will try sometime this weekend.